The bishop of Klerksdorp diocese Bishop Victor Phalana was at St Paul’s Jouberton, a parish under the care of Fr Joseph Kyeyune, on Sunday October 15, 2017 to confirm some confirmation candidates. The candidates that were confirmed on that day were twenty two in number. The confirmation mass led by the Bishop started at 8:20am. In his homily, the Bishop charged the confirmation candidates to be ready for the task ahead and defend their faith when necessary.… Read more
All roads led to Immaculate Conception Parish Orkney on October 14, 2017 as they gathered to honour the Blessed Virgin Mary on the Centenary of the last Fatima Apparition of Our Lady. The parishioners and those who joined them started the celebration with a Rosary procession that started at 10am from KFC four way stop and proceeded to the Parish. The procession featured songs and prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary asking for her intercession especially for our country, South Africa.… Read more
I hereby invite all youth of the Diocese of Klerksdorp to a gathering that will be held at St. Joseph’s Hall in Alabama on the 18th of November 2017 at 8am. Those who have registered to go to Durban must have paid all their fares by this time.
We have got a donation for this trip and we shall subsidise transport for all those going to Durban.… Read more
The parish of St Theresa of the Child Jesus Ventersdorp on Sunday 1st October 2017 celebrated their feastday. As part of the celebration, the bishop of the diocese of Klerksdorp, Bishop Victor Phalana was there to confirm some candidates. They were 24 in number. The parish is under the care of Fr Valentine Mphoso.
The feasts on the General Roman Calendar celebrated during the month of October are:
1. Twenty-Six Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
2. Guardian Angels, Memorial
4. Francis of Assisi, Memorial
5. Faustina Kowalska, virgin, Opt. Mem.
6. Bruno; Bl. Marie Rose Durocher (USA), Opt. Mem.
7. Our Lady of the Rosary, Memorial
8. Twenty-Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
11. St.… Read more
BISHOP PHALANA WROTE TO THE SOUTHERN CROSS ON THE HATE SPEECH BILL: READ AND BE INFORMED
Parliament will debate a proposed law that will make hate speech illegal.
The draft of the Prevention and Combating of Hate Crimes and Hate Speech Bill still needs revision, especially in terms of conforming to the Constitution.
The Bill aims to:
• give effect to the South Africa’s obligations in terms of the Constitution and international human rights instruments concerning racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance in accordance with international law obligations;
• provide for the prosecutable offenses of hate crimes and hate speech;
• provide for appropriate sentences that may be imposed on persons who commit hate crime and hate speech offenses;
• provide for the prevention of hate crimes and hate speech.… Read more
It was a memorable day for the parishioners of Holy Cross Parish Itsoseng as they gathered with visitors from different parts of the diocese and different denominations to celebrate the fifty years of the existence of their Church. The parish is under the care of Fr Modise Nthutang DP. The Bishop was also there to celebrate with them. Among the clergy present for the celebration were Frs.… Read more
The Bishop Visits St Charles Lwanga Khuma For Confirmations
On the 27th of August 2017, the Bishop visited St Charles Lwanga Parish to confirm some candidates. The total number of candidates was 26 and the parish warmly welcomed the Bishop to their parish. The Parish is under the care of Fr Bernard Sangwa. The church was filled to capacity as the parishioners were joined from friends from other parishes.… Read more
The Jesuit Institute of South Africa Lenten Reflections for 2017.
(Links to 4th Week only – with readings and a 16 min soundclip)