The Silver Jubilee of the priestly ordination of Rev. Fr. J.G. Shand, SCP and the 30th priestly anniversary of the Rt. Rev Bishop Victor Phalana.
Venue: The Cathedral of Christ the Redeemer
Date: 19 May 2018
Holy Mass at 10h00
Followed by light refreshments.
In order for us to raise money for the Diocese, we will host a Gala Dinner.
You are invited to buy a ticket @ R250 or sponsor a table for R2500.00
Gifts for the celebrants can be brought at Mass or at the Gala Dinner.
Friends, family, brothers and sisters.
I would like to invite you to our celebration. It is something simple. We opted to do something small and simple to thank God for his blessings.
1. Accommodation for family is not free.
We will use Rabbuni centre for a very cheap rate. R300 per night, bed and breakfast.
If you have problems paying this amount, please let us know. We will come up with a plan for you.
2. We have Protea hotel Klerksdorp and Rio casino hotel for luxury bedrooms you can google their contact details.
3. We have provided two Guest houses on the invitation letter where you will also get a cheap rate.
4. We need people who can sponsor our Gala dinner so that we use as little as possible from our coffers.
5. Gala dinner is formal…. Black with a touch of silver or gold. You are also free to dress up as you like, no disqualifications!
6. You can simply come for the Mass in the morning and go home after the Mass. Your presence counts.
7. Eight tables for family and for the clergy must be sponsored. Sponsor a table if you can (R2500 a table).
8. We need 36 good quality red wine, good quality white wine, 36 champagnes and 36×1 litre 100% fruit juice.
9. We need a sponsor for the hall and decorations (R16 000).
10. We need a sponsor for the sound system.
11. We need a sponsor for bottles of drinking water.
12. We need a sponsor for grocery.
13. We need a sponsor for the artist – musician.
14. It is a fundraising event. Come and have fun while supporting our diocese and its projects.
Our diocese has many needs. We are struggling financially. It is our aim to become a self-supporting diocese. Your contribution will help.
May God bless you.
+ V.H. Phalana